Why Kenmare, Co. Kerry Is Ireland’s Most Romantic Destination!
Looking to whisk your other half off to a romantic destination in Ireland?
Then venture to the timelessly-charming County Kerry town of Kenmare located on the world-famous Ring of Kerry route.
Kenmare in the Irish language is known as “The Little Nest” and you can make this ever-popular tourist resort town your own little love nest this Valentines by following our romantic things to do guide to make Kenmare your number one romantic breaks choice:
(1) Kenmare is spoiled with scenic walks & trails but we recommend a horse trekking activity day out along the tranquil shores of Kenmare Bay – the horseshoe is a popular wedding day symbol of luck so who knows if you’ll be inspired to ask your partner a specific wedding-related question on the day!
(2) Chocolate is forever connected to Valentines and romantic breaks so we suggest a visit to nearby Lorge Chocolatier where Benoit will take you through the art of chocolate making in his workshop – create and indulge with true French artisan chocolatier.
(3) Seek out the uniquely designed “Ring of Kerry” jewellery piece with the master craftsman himself, Paul Kelly Jewellers in the heart of Kenmare where countless couples have selected their bespoke engagement rings – just in case you’re planning to make this a Valentines to remember!
(4) Stroll around the quaint gift and craft shops of Kenmare to pick up a souvenir and enjoy a spot on shopping at various designer boutiques or take in a bit of culture at one of the town’s unique art galleries.
(5)What romantic break would be complete without an afternoon picnic – we think that nothing can match the scenery and romance of a stroll along the shores of Kenmare Bay and our Brook Lane Hamper of Romance featuring ice-cold champagne, delicious Kenmare smoked salmon and of course a cosy rug to snuggle up in will complete the event!
(6) Kenmare is well-known for its superb restaurants and your Valentines meal can be enjoyed at any of the towns many restaurants – in fact, at Casey’s Bar & Restaurant here at Brook Lane Hotel you can choose from our special Valentines Menu which includes a complimentary glass of champagne.
(7) Our sister restaurant, No. 35 Kenmare is also a popular choice for couples with its intimate dining atmosphere and award-winning, select menu and friendly staff.
So there you have it, some great reasons to make Kenmare your romantic breaks destination in Ireland this Valentine’s Day. And we’ve got some wonderfully romantic Valentines hotel breaks especially for you – view our great value Kenmare Romantic Hotel Breaks